Saturday, September 5, 2009

Quote of the Week: Nursemaids?

I'm currently reading Amy Carmichael of Dohnavur by Frank L. Houghton. Amy was a single woman used by God to rescue hundreds of children who were going to be sold into prostitution (still a huge issue today), and there have been many things about her life that have surprised or challenged me.

Here is a passage I enjoyed.


Sometimes she was tempted to question her guidance. As she lifted up her eyes, and looked on the fields, and as calls began to come from South India, "could it be right to turn from so much that might be of profit and become just nursemaids?" It was then that she read the words from John 13, how the Lord of glory "took a towel and girded Himself". . . never again did she question whether her gifts were being wasted. She knew that the Master never wastes the servant's time.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Hi, I found your blog from a link on a friends Facebook page. This was one of my favorite people to read about, Amy Carmichael!

You have such a beautiful baby girl - I'm guessing around 5 to 6 months based on the new teeth post.

My baby (4th) is 5 months and just about to get those bottom teeth in himself.