Monday, February 8, 2010

Nursery Before and After

Some time ago I promised to post some pictures of what we began to call "The Kid's Room" even before we were married. Of course, you have to see the before pictures to appreciate the changes. Here is the room as it was.



Haley and her good friend Emily R. came down to help before the wedding. They were great workers and closet painters!


Here is the work in process - a little drywall replacement, painting and getting new pad. I can't tell you how many hours Kyle spent taking up those carpet squares and scraping up the old pad! He was such a trooper!




And now, the finished room!




These pictures were taken at different times, thus the different lightings. I love how everything fits in, yet when you're in the room it doesn't seem crowded. It's hard to capture in pictures.






This shelf treatment was my Mom's idea, and I love the way it turned out - thanks Mom!



Thanks also to all the other people who gave us a hand here and there. You are greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

The Capp Crew said...

Such a pleasant nursery! The green is such a peaceful color!

Anonymous said...

It looks so nice now! I love the classic Pooh theme :) I also think Melody did a great job on the wall painting! :)

~Abby

~the gambill gals~ said...

It's a lot of work and a long process but such a lovely pay off. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the Pooh theme. I oohed out loud when I saw the curtain.
Do you remember the sign in our living room in Waukegan?
Little house so very small
Big enough for love that's all.
The room expresses so much love.
Love,
Sherry Kane

TulipGirl said...

What a lovely, peaceful nursery. I totally loved the one I had for the two older boys. . .