Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Something new for the New Year

It is with great amazement that I present to you a recipe from . . . me! I'm not one of those innovative - in - the - kitchen types, so it's pretty exciting to come up with my own recipe, even if it's only soup. This one came about when I was throwing together a vegetable soup for supper. I had in the sausage (in our case, venison sausage) and veggies, but it just lacked something. Then it occurred to me that everything in the pot went well with . . . cheese! And since my Mom makes a fabulous corn chowder with cheese in it, I knew that adding it in was, in fact, possible. So here you have it:

Cheesy Sausage Soup

1 onion, chopped
5 small potatoes, chopped
2 sliced carrots
1 C. frozen green beans
1 small summer sausage
2 C. chicken broth
2 C. water
1 can corn
1-1 & 1/2 C. grated cheddar cheese
Boil first seven ingredients until tender, about 45 min. Add canned corn and allow to warm. Turn heat down to simmer and add cheese, stirring in a little at a time. For best results, eat during cold weather.

And because I always like a post better if it has a picture . . .

No comments: