Sunday, May 11, 2008

To my Mom

Happy Mother's Day to all you blog reading moms! I hope you had a good day with family, as we did, and were encouraged in your profoundly important calling: the raising and shaping of the eternal beings entrusted to your care!

I've been thinking about my own Mom. It's hard to write any type of tribute to someone who has impacted you so profoundly - the topic requires a book to do it justice! But as was thinking about Mother's Day this past week, there was one characteristic that my Mom exemplifies that stood out in my mind: devotion.



Thank you, Mom, for choosing to make us your career and using your time, energy and skills in vocational motherhood! I don't know how you managed to raise, teach and train us with such devotion while still maintaining the vitality of your helpmate role (although I intend to learn how!). Thank you for choosing to learn the skills and character traits you whole need in your gargantuan task!




I think the word devotion also came to mind, because it implies giving yourself to something with your whole heart! Well, that's you. For as long as I can remember, you have thrown all your energy, creativity and zest into the roles God has given you. Our lives are the richer for it!

I'm so thankful to have gained another example of excellent Motherhood! Kyle's Mom is the dedicated mother of eight, and an excellent manager of her home, great help on the farm and a skilled cook and gardener! It's wonderful to be able to draw from her experience and practical knowledge in so many areas. What a treasure we have in those who have walked the road of life before us!


Thanks and love to my Moms, and happy Mother's Day week to the others!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you last weekend. We have missed you at church!

~Mandie