Friday, December 5, 2008

1940s Seamstress


I'm so proud of how Haley has done with her latest history/sewing project! She has made an entire suit from a vintage 1940s pattern as part of her Home and Consumer Science and World War II history studies.


It's turned out to be really cute, and let me tell you, this was no easy sewing job! That jacket's construction involved some advanced sewing techniques and tailoring. She also altered her skirt pattern and put in an invisible zipper!


Her hair isn't right in these pictures, but with hat, gloves, shoes (and a certain blue scarf with I need to send her) her World War II look is coming together. Fabulous job Haley! I'm so proud of your persistence and initiative.

5 comments:

The Capp Crew said...

Haley's outfit looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!! That is amazing. Maybe one day, far from now, I'll be able to sew like that!!!

Olivia

Unknown said...

Wow! I love the whole look. Very sophisticated!

Anonymous said...

That outfit is so amazing and authentic! Great job Haley! Makes you feel like dressing up.
~Sarah

Danielle said...

Great Job Haley!! It looks SOO nice! :)