Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Of Dresses and Dates

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted last, simply because I've been home a lot (yea!) working on Christmas preparations and getting the house in order (at least trying to!). We don't have internet access at home, so at this point I have to be out and about to put up posts.


Even though we've kept our schedule pretty clear, we did have a very fun evening out recently. My hubby took me on a last-without-baby-sitter date to a wonderful restaurant! My, my, my, was the food good! I wasn't the only person waddling out to the parking lot that evening. ;-)


The restaurant was located in a remodeled barn, which gave things a delightful ambiance! There were so many little areas and rooms that even though it was packed, you didn't feel like there were a lot of people around you. The Christmas decorations were lovely too!


We meandered home, slowing to look at lighted neighborhoods and taking a slight detour over a covered bridge. It was SUCH fun to dress up, go out and just be together - thank you Honey for the lovely surprise!



One last picture. I can't resist showing off my $13 maternity dress. Everything online and in stores are SO expensive and way too short for nearly six foot me. So I got some sale fabric and lengthened a maternity tunic pattern, and I'm rather pleased with the results!

Should have gotten a side picture though - this outfit makes me look all of my nine months! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dress is beautiful, Gretchen!
Praying for you as you are getting close now!
Blessings~
Sherry

Anonymous said...

It looks like you got your hair cut too!

Anonymous said...

The dress is lovely, Gretchen!! The colors are stunning and the patter is rather darling as well. What a fun place to have dinner. *smile* Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty maternity dress. I remember being so excited to be pregnant with Jessica that I started wearing maternity clothes WAY before I needed to.

~The Dunns

Littlecarlotta said...

What a pretty dress!
I'm glad you got in one more pre-baby date night ;)

Aliza