Monday, January 31, 2011

Re-fashion: Sweater 1, Refined Ruffles in Lavender

Now that all the Christmas surprises have been opened, I can reveal the projects that kept me busy in December. I decided to get four plain-jane sweaters and pretty them up for four well beloved ladies on my christmas list. I had SO much fun doing them! I'll be posting one every Monday for the next four weeks so you can have a break from cute baby pictures. Just for variety, you know. ;-)


Sorry, no before pictures, each one was just a normal sweater. I couldn't find any ribbon that matched this one, so I made the ruffles from a special occasion fabric. I used the "wrong" side of the fabric, which had a little sheen to it without being gaudy. I also decided not to gather the ruffle in the middle, which made the look a little more interesting.




One day I think I'm going to make one of these for myself!

1 comment:

~the gambill gals~ said...

That is lovely. You young women are so clever!