Friday, October 16, 2009

Quote of the Week: Wisdom from Heidi

There has not yet been a movie that even comes close to doing justice to Johanna Spyri's simple yet powerful book. Here's a little piece of theology, comfort and wisdom all wrapped up in one short paragraph.


God is a loving Father to us all and knows what is good for us . . . [God] probably said to himself, "Heidi's prayer shall be answered, but only at the right moment so that she will really be happy. If I answer it now perhaps later on she'll wish she hadn't asked for it, because things may not turn out as she expects." - Heidi


1 comment:

Brenna H. said...

That is a beautiful paragraph. And so true. I don't always understand His timing, but I know that God knows what He's doing and what is best for me. I just need to trust His judgment. :-)